'American Sniper' Is On Track To Break Records
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2015-01-18 04:06:10 UTC
'American Sniper' Is On Track To Break Records

By Zach Noble, The Blaze, theblaze.com
Business Insider, businessinsider.com
Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Clint Eastwood-directed "American Sniper" raked in
$30.5 million in its wide-release debut Friday, putting
it on track to earn up to $80 million over the Martin
Luther King Jr. weekend, the Hollywood Reporter trumpeted
Saturday.

That could put the war movie on track for the biggest
January opening ever.

Over at Forbes, Scott Mendelson offered some context:

Going into yesterday, the biggest opening weekend for a
movie Clint Eastwood directed and/or starred in is Gran
Torino, which opened in wide release in January 2009 with
$29.5 million. . . .

Continues at:

http://www.businessinsider.com/american-sniper-is-on-track-to-break-records-2015-1

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2015-01-18 04:24:08 UTC
Saturday, January 17, 2015
The Clint Eastwood-directed "American Sniper" raked in
$30.5 million in its wide-release debut Friday, putting
it on track to earn up to $80 million over the Martin
Luther King Jr. weekend, the Hollywood Reporter trumpeted
Saturday.
That could put the war movie on track for the biggest
January opening ever.
Going into yesterday, the biggest opening weekend for a
movie Clint Eastwood directed and/or starred in is Gran
Torino, which opened in wide release in January 2009 with
$29.5 million. . . .
http://www.businessinsider.com/american-sniper-is-on-track-to-break-records-2015-1

Forwarded post:

Just got back. Place was packed and everyone left in
complete silence. I'm still choked up. It was very well
done.

Posted by RushIsMyTeddyBear

End of forwarded post.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://tinyurl.com/JaiMaharaj
Russell Watson
2015-01-19 01:55:02 UTC
Saturday, January 17, 2015
The Clint Eastwood-directed "American Sniper" raked in
$30.5 million in its wide-release debut Friday, putting
it on track to earn up to $80 million over the Martin
Luther King Jr. weekend, the Hollywood Reporter trumpeted
Saturday.
That could put the war movie on track for the biggest
January opening ever.
Going into yesterday, the biggest opening weekend for a
movie Clint Eastwood directed and/or starred in is Gran
Torino, which opened in wide release in January 2009 with
$29.5 million. . . .
http://www.businessinsider.com/american-sniper-is-on-track-to-break-records-2015-1
Just got back. Place was packed and everyone left in
complete silence. I'm still choked up. It was very well
done.
My experience as well in the showing I saw this afternoon. My friend
said once we were back in the lobby "I've been to funerals where people
talked more walking out."