The Sopranos
Buzz Elkins
2004-05-30 18:45:18 UTC
Anyone want to talk about The Sopranos some more? Spoilers:

I finally watched last week's episode and they killed off Adriana! I knew
they probably would, but this really upset me. She was my favorite
character. It was especially brutal.

Of the male characters I would say Bobby is the least offensive. Tony and
Chris have their good and bad points. Most of the others - Ralphie, Pauli,
Silvio, Junior, Johnny Sacks are ruthless assholes but have some comic
relief here and there.

The women look the other way. They like the bling bling. The mistresses
are usually needy and eventually get angry and vindictive. The one-legged
Russian was interesting for awhile cause she was independent and told Tony
she didn't want to deal with him anymore cause he has too much baggage.

What a bunch of assholes! Still, it's good drama. How can this possibly
end? There's no way they can be rehabilitated.

Suzy
Clay Heery
2004-05-30 21:12:38 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
I finally watched last week's episode and they killed off Adriana! I knew
they probably would, but this really upset me. She was my favorite
character. It was especially brutal.
I didn't get how it was especially brutal, considering the beating-to-death of
the pregnant stripper, and the beheading of Joey Pants. Or even blowing off the
top of the head of "the Russian" a few seasons back.

She got a couple slugs in the woods (was it because she flipped to the Feds, or
because of her acting?), and she didn't even bleed anywhere that would have to
be cleaned up.

BUT, I didn't get why Tony called Adriana to tell her Christopher tried to kill
himself.

Afer all, Tony already knew that Ade had flipped, so it would be reasonable to
assume the Feds had tapped her line. (In NJ, a court order isn't necesary as
long as one side of the conversation gives permission.)

So, IF the Feds had tapped her line, they would have known that Tony lured her
out into the barrens (VERY easy to verify that Chrissy wasn't in the hospital),
and had Silvio pick her up, and it was the last phone call she got before she
turned up dead (in the general vicinity of Chrissy's "hospital.").

That's enough evidence for the Feds to shut down everything Tony's involved
with, and get an indictment for Silvio.

--C.
"And even Marcia Clark could get a conviction on that."
Buzz Elkins
2004-05-30 21:29:43 UTC
Post by Clay Heery
the pregnant stripper, and the beheading of Joey Pants. Or even blowing off the
top of the head of "the Russian" a few seasons back.
But I had become attached to her. Yes, she should have taken the drug wrap
right at the beginning. She was a regular. A pretty girl who threw up on
the FBI and suffered from irritable bowel syndrome (very rare in
entertainment) and that scene where she said, "Pleeeease no! And Silvio
called her a "fucking cunt" and she crawled through the leaves. It upset
me.
Post by Clay Heery
She got a couple slugs in the woods (was it because she flipped to the Feds, or
because of her acting?), and she didn't even bleed anywhere that would have to
be cleaned up.
That doesn't matter. I liked Adriana. I haven't liked all the people who
got killed.
Post by Clay Heery
BUT, I didn't get why Tony called Adriana to tell her Christopher tried to kill
himself.
Because that was the one thing that would get her upset and agree to go.
She loved Chris.
Post by Clay Heery
Afer all, Tony already knew that Ade had flipped, so it would be reasonable to
assume the Feds had tapped her line. (In NJ, a court order isn't necesary as
long as one side of the conversation gives permission.)
I don't think Tony knew she had already flipped at all. Chris told him
(off-screen). The telling moment was when Chris had agreed to go along with
Adriana (he loved her?) and then rubbed off his Humvee, shinin' it, and then
saw the family struggling with groceries and poverty in the parking lot and
realized he couldn't go there. Witness protection.
Post by Clay Heery
So, IF the Feds had tapped her line, they would have known that Tony lured her
out into the barrens (VERY easy to verify that Chrissy wasn't in the hospital),
and had Silvio pick her up, and it was the last phone call she got before she
turned up dead (in the general vicinity of Chrissy's "hospital.").
I didn't get that. Maybe I missed it but that's not what I got.
Clay Heery
2004-05-30 21:56:11 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
I don't think Tony knew she had already flipped at all.
Huh? Then why make the phone call, why whack her? Of course, he knew.

But it is inconsistent with Tony's desire to be insulated from everyday
goings-on which make this particular phone call very out-of-character (and very
sloppy).

According to his character, that is exactly the kind of phone call that Tony
would NEVER make.

--C.
"Ya gotta think ahead a da Feds."
Buzz Elkins
2004-05-30 22:09:30 UTC
Post by Clay Heery
Post by Buzz Elkins
I don't think Tony knew she had already flipped at all.
Huh? Then why make the phone call, why whack her? Of course, he knew.
I'm trying to hang in here, but Tony called Adriana after Chris had made the
decision to tell him (Tony-off-screen) - did I miss something and had to go
to the bathroom? - don't remember that). I don't think the FBI knew but
suspected that she had been killed. Maybe I missed something.
Post by Clay Heery
But it is inconsistent with Tony's desire to be insulated from everyday
goings-on which make this particular phone call very out-of-character (and very
sloppy).
According to his character, that is exactly the kind of phone call that Tony
would NEVER make.
Yes it is, after he knew. I think we might be misunderstanding each other.
I'm saying Tony had no idea about Adriana until she told Chris and then
Chris told Tony. Then Tony made the decision he always makes (Big Pussy)
when these things happen. Adriana didn't know until that one fateful
moment.

She was gonna rat them out and they had to kill her according to their code.
Of course. I don't think the FBI knows yet but suspects. Did I miss
something?
Buzz Elkins
2004-05-30 22:25:33 UTC
So, you're saying the FBI tapped the line and knew everything. Are you
thinking this is the way it should be or was there something that told you
that I missed?
maxfoo
2004-05-30 22:31:56 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
So, you're saying the FBI tapped the line and knew everything. Are you
thinking this is the way it should be or was there something that told you
that I missed?
The FBI would need a court order to tap the line and they were using her as an
informant to get information on Tony via Chris.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they had enough of a case to get a
tap.

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.
Buzz Elkins
Buzz Elkins
I hit the send key too fast here.
Buzz Elkins
2004-05-30 22:52:34 UTC
Post by maxfoo
Post by Buzz Elkins
So, you're saying the FBI tapped the line and knew everything. Are you
thinking this is the way it should be or was there something that told you
that I missed?
The FBI would need a court order to tap the line and they were using her as an
informant to get information on Tony via Chris.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they had enough of a case to get a
tap.
Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.
I think from the scene I saw (and I have to admit that I had woken up from a
nap) that the FBI was wondering where she was and the female FBI person got
up and left the room cause she "suspected."
nmstevens
2004-05-31 03:03:29 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
So, you're saying the FBI tapped the line and knew everything. Are you
thinking this is the way it should be or was there something that told you
that I missed?
No. What he's saying is this.

Adriana tried to convince Chris to flip -- and was convinced that
she'd succeeded. He left, ostensibly for some cigarettes. She called
her contact, telling her that she'd succeeded in convincing him
(albeit a bit late) and started to pack.

While Chris was out, he saw the woman at the gas station.

Next thing you know, Tony is calling Adriana *at home* -- telling her
that Chris tried to commit suicide and that Silvio was going to come
and pick her up.

Now, what happened off screen?

Clearly, Chris decided that he couldn't flip -- that he couldn't
betray Tony to the FBI as Adriana wanted. He went and told Tony
everything that Adriana had told him - that she'd been working for the
FBI as an informant.

Therefore, he made the call to her about Chris and sent Silvio to pick
her up, drive her out into the woods and kill her.

What the previous poster is saying is - it doesn't seem reasonable
that Tony, given all of the attention that's coming his way by way of
Junior's trial -- and given the fact that he *knows* that Adriana is
an FBI informant -- who's been spying on him for the last year -- and
thus someone who (whether she knows it or not) might very well have
her phone bugged -- that he would risk calling her personally and thus
possibly getting his voice on an FBI recording essentially implicating
himself in her disappearance.

Last season there were a number of moments when Tony went out of his
way to avoid having guys discuss these kinds of things with him either
over the phone or anyplace where he might be recorded because he
wanted to avoid exactly this sort of thing.

Clearly, in this case, the demands of the "dramatic twist" took
precedence over credibility.

NMS
pinknebulous
2004-05-31 04:07:08 UTC
Post by nmstevens
Post by Buzz Elkins
So, you're saying the FBI tapped the line and knew everything. Are you
thinking this is the way it should be or was there something that told you
that I missed?
No. What he's saying is this.
Adriana tried to convince Chris to flip -- and was convinced that
she'd succeeded.
Convinced despite the fact he nearly strangled her to death, revealing his
inner conflict? More like wishful thinking.
Post by nmstevens
He left, ostensibly for some cigarettes. She called
her contact, telling her that she'd succeeded in convincing him
(albeit a bit late) and started to pack.
Believing that Chris, the man who nearly strangles her to death upon hearing
the news, values her life.
Post by nmstevens
While Chris was out, he saw the woman at the gas station.
And an impoverished life.
Post by nmstevens
Next thing you know, Tony is calling Adriana *at home* -- telling her
that Chris tried to commit suicide and that Silvio was going to come
and pick her up.
Wouldn't a call from Tony, himself, indicate he knew why Chris was upset?
Post by nmstevens
[...]
Not necessarily. He could claim he heard the news from a third party, which
could tie in with Johnny Sack's irrational threat on Tony's family.
Post by nmstevens
Last season there were a number of moments when Tony went out of his
way to avoid having guys discuss these kinds of things with him either
over the phone or anyplace where he might be recorded because he
wanted to avoid exactly this sort of thing.
Good point. I remember one season he'd talk only in his basement or Jr's
doctor's office.
Post by nmstevens
Clearly, in this case, the demands of the "dramatic twist" took
precedence over credibility.
And consistency and, for the vast majority of the show, good writing.

pink
Buzz Elkins
2004-05-31 16:12:37 UTC
Post by nmstevens
Post by Buzz Elkins
So, you're saying the FBI tapped the line and knew everything. Are you
thinking this is the way it should be or was there something that told you
that I missed?
No. What he's saying is this.
I agree this is how it went down too. I was just misunderstanding Clay.
Sorry, Clay.
Clay Heery
2004-05-31 18:30:36 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
I agree this is how it went down too. I was just misunderstanding Clay.
Sorry, Clay.<<

No problemo. I should have made myself clearer (and thanks to those who took
the time to do so).

--C.
"And everytime you get in a tough situation just ask yourself: What Would Tony
Do?"
pinknebulous
2004-05-31 18:46:18 UTC
Post by Clay Heery
"And everytime you get in a tough situation just ask yourself: What Would Tony
Do?"
Stare at a painting, get spooked by a nightmare, and pass out on the couch
while watching old movies. Hmm, not working for me..........

pink
pinknebulous
2004-05-30 22:50:43 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
Post by Clay Heery
Post by Buzz Elkins
I don't think Tony knew she had already flipped at all.
Huh? Then why make the phone call, why whack her? Of course, he knew.
No, I don't think Tony knew.
Post by Buzz Elkins
I'm trying to hang in here, but Tony called Adriana after Chris had made the
decision to tell him (Tony-off-screen) - did I miss something and had to go
to the bathroom? - don't remember that). I don't think the FBI knew but
suspected that she had been killed. Maybe I missed something.
No you didn't. That's the way it went down.
Post by Buzz Elkins
Post by Clay Heery
But it is inconsistent with Tony's desire to be insulated from everyday
goings-on which make this particular phone call very out-of-character
(and
Post by Buzz Elkins
very
Post by Clay Heery
would NEVER make.
Yes it is, after he knew. I think we might be misunderstanding each other.
I'm saying Tony had no idea about Adriana until she told Chris and then
Chris told Tony. Then Tony made the decision he always makes (Big Pussy)
when these things happen. Adriana didn't know until that one fateful
moment.
Here's where I disagree with you, Suzy. Ade is the stereotypical
delusional/neurotic woman. How could she think Chris would choose her over
his "family," especially since he had no problem killing her dog or
strangling and beating her. He told her, in no uncertain terms, he was and
always would be, a "soldier." And, her murder, comming from someone who
can't watch violent movies, was far from bloody.
Post by Buzz Elkins
She was gonna rat them out and they had to kill her according to their code.
She was trying her best to not rat them out, giving them fairly useless
information, but she knew if the mob knew the feds were on her butt, she'd
be dead. She knew she'd be killed according to code, so why get into the
car with Silvio? Why not at least call the Feds? The irony is that the
woman looking to escape "the life"--to the point of IBS and begging, chose
to die rather than turn on the family from which she was running. IMO.

pink
Buzz Elkins
2004-05-30 23:08:21 UTC
Post by pinknebulous
Here's where I disagree with you, Suzy. Ade is the stereotypical
delusional/neurotic woman. How could she think Chris would choose her over
his "family," especially since he had no problem killing her dog or
strangling and beating her. He told her, in no uncertain terms, he was and
always would be, a "soldier." And, her murder, comming from someone who
can't watch violent movies, was far from bloody.
I thought it was very "bloody." I think she loved Chris even when he didn't
love her. Chris sat on her dog when he was high on heroin but would
probably kill it if it suited him. Chris did show some moments where he
maybe he wanted to do the right thing. He didn' t though. I just thought
Ade was one of the few people to show some "heart."
Post by pinknebulous
Post by Buzz Elkins
She was gonna rat them out and they had to kill her according to their
code.
She was trying her best to not rat them out, giving them fairly useless
information, but she knew if the mob knew the feds were on her butt, she'd
be dead. She knew she'd be killed according to code, so why get into the
car with Silvio? Why not at least call the Feds? The irony is that the
woman looking to escape "the life"--to the point of IBS and begging, chose
to die rather than turn on the family from which she was running. IMO.>
Why didn't Chris and Tony give *her* some witness protection? Assholes!
They're all gonna die.

I think we're all feeling everything the writers intended for us to feel.
That's why it's a good show.
maxfoo
2004-05-30 23:15:07 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
Why didn't Chris and Tony give *her* some witness protection? Assholes!
They're all gonna die.
DIE!...I doubt it, who would star in "Sopranos:The Movie"

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.
pinknebulous
2004-05-30 23:24:00 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
Why didn't Chris and Tony give *her* some witness protection?
Obviously Chris and Tony were too selfish to truly love her. No selflessness
or unconditional love there.
Post by Buzz Elkins
Assholes!
They're all gonna die.
Maybe, but at least Carm will be buried with some sparkly bling-bling.
Post by Buzz Elkins
I think we're all feeling everything the writers intended for us to feel.
That's why it's a good show.
Three good episodes per pay-per-view season does not a good show make. I see
you like the show, but I won't be watching next year; I'm no longer attached
to it. For me it lost its luster after S3. I can't relate and dislike the
way they depict women, in general. Curb Your Enthusiasm is the only reason I
haven't yet cancelled HBO. But I'm close.......

pink
Buzz Elkins
2004-05-30 23:34:26 UTC
Post by pinknebulous
Three good episodes per pay-per-view season does not a good show make. I see
you like the show, but I won't be watching next year; I'm no longer attached
to it. For me it lost its luster after S3. I can't relate and dislike the
way they depict women, in general. Curb Your Enthusiasm is the only reason I
haven't yet cancelled HBO. But I'm close.......
They depict men in even a worse way.

I love Curb Your Enthusiasm. It depicts everyone in a bad light.

;)
pinknebulous
2004-05-30 23:54:50 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
Post by pinknebulous
haven't yet cancelled HBO. But I'm close.......
They depict men in even a worse way.
You've got a point. I guess I can't relate to violent, shallow jerks of
either sex.
Post by Buzz Elkins
I love Curb Your Enthusiasm. It depicts everyone in a bad light.
;)
LOL, you think so? Boy, do my husband and I relate to that show. Did you
see the episode where Larry runs down the chubby girl to arrive at his
doctor appointment first. And the lecture he gave to an office filled with
completely disinterested patients? LOL! We nearly died laughing. The one
television writer I'd love to interview most is Larry David. Since you
think CYE makes everyone look bad, perhaps you shouldn't come visit my neck
of the curb (woods) . ;-)

pink
Buzz Elkins
2004-05-31 00:02:09 UTC
Post by pinknebulous
LOL, you think so? Boy, do my husband and I relate to that show. Did you
see the episode where Larry runs down the chubby girl to arrive at his
doctor appointment first. And the lecture he gave to an office filled with
completely disinterested patients? LOL! We nearly died laughing. The one
television writer I'd love to interview most is Larry David. Since you
think CYE makes everyone look bad, perhaps you shouldn't come visit my neck
of the curb (woods) . ;-)
It's just so neurotic. My husband and I watch it together. I love the
woman who plays his wife.

After one year you can't give a wedding gift. It's just too late.
pinknebulous
2004-05-31 00:09:28 UTC
Post by pinknebulous
completely disinterested patients? LOL! We nearly died laughing. The one
television writer I'd love to interview most is Larry David. Since you
think CYE makes everyone look bad, perhaps you shouldn't come visit my
neck
Post by pinknebulous
of the curb (woods) . ;-)
It's just so neurotic.
Heh. True. Larry David, my bald, neurotic, both brilliant and clueless
dream guy. ;-p

My husband and I watch it together. I love the
Post by Buzz Elkins
woman who plays his wife.
Now there's a woman with the patience of a saint!

pink
pinknebulous
2004-05-30 23:32:37 UTC
"Buzz Elkins" <***@comcast.net> wrote in message news:wIudnVc_Q5HA9CfdRVn-***@comcast.com...
I just thought
Post by Buzz Elkins
Ade was one of the few people to show some "heart."
I guess I don't consider a mob moll a girl with a heart. She wanted what
the money bought her--her business, clothes, jewelry and shoes. Just like
Johnny's old mistress.

A flashy, shallow, drug addicted girl without a brain is my perception of
Ade.

pink
Buzz Elkins
I can understand that, but I saw more. And, hey, it's just tv.
pinknebulous
2004-05-30 23:56:33 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
Post by Buzz Elkins
I just thought
Post by Buzz Elkins
Ade was one of the few people to show some "heart."
I guess I don't consider a mob moll a girl with a heart. She wanted what
the money bought her--her business, clothes, jewelry and shoes. Just like
Johnny's old mistress.
A flashy, shallow, drug addicted girl without a brain is my perception of
Ade.
I can understand that, but I saw more. And, hey, it's just tv.
Exactly.

pink
Ron Drake
2004-05-31 09:52:19 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
Post by Buzz Elkins
I just thought
Post by Buzz Elkins
Ade was one of the few people to show some "heart."
I guess I don't consider a mob moll a girl with a heart. She wanted what
the money bought her--her business, clothes, jewelry and shoes. Just like
Johnny's old mistress.
A flashy, shallow, drug addicted girl without a brain is my perception of
Ade.
I can understand that, but I saw more. And, hey, it's just tv.
And that was why Adrienne was such a good character. I admit that
I was rooting for her right up to the end. But her choices were
flawed from the beginning (if you're looking at it from the fam-
ily's point of view).
http://www.coffeemac.com
pinknebulous
2004-05-30 22:58:55 UTC
"Clay Heery" <***@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message news:***@mb-m04.aol.com...
Suzy: I don't think Tony knew she had already flipped at all.
Clay: Huh? Then why make the phone call, why whack her? Of course, he
knew.

Yes, on second thought, he deeply suspected she'd crack. He killed her
because he wasn't privy to what Ade actually knew, he had conducted business
at her club, a drug dealer was murder at the club, and he didn't want to
risk it.
Joe Myers
2004-05-31 07:05:37 UTC
Post by pinknebulous
Yes, on second thought, he deeply suspected she'd crack. He killed her
because he wasn't privy to what Ade actually knew, he had conducted business
at her club, a drug dealer was murder at the club, and he didn't want to
risk it.
For what it's worth, I thought whatshisname left Ade and told Tony she'd
been approached by the feds. Tony then set up the hit, knowing that she
loved the guy and would want to be at the hospital after the suicide
attempt.

Tony didn't have to know what she might have told the Feds, only what she
*did* know and *might* tell.

What'shisname's gonna get it next.

Joe Myers
"Revenge is like servin' cold cuts."
Aubrey Brown
2004-05-31 17:05:45 UTC
You guys are forgetting the other reason Ade had to go. She has a new
sitcom on NBC this fall that's the spin-off from Friends. She plays
whatever his name's sister.

Aubrey
pinknebulous
2004-06-01 17:32:48 UTC
Post by pinknebulous
at her club, a drug dealer was murder at the club, and he didn't want to
risk it.
For what it's worth, I thought whatshisname left Ade and told Tony she'd
been approached by the feds.
Agreed.
Post by pinknebulous
Tony then set up the hit, knowing that she
loved the guy and would want to be at the hospital after the suicide
attempt.
Right, but within the context of this season's events, and the fact that
Tony called her personally to report the news, Ade should have immediately
realized her fate. After Tony's call, how could she be so obtuse? Didn't
she think that Chris would have told his father figure Tony the truth?
Post by pinknebulous
Tony didn't have to know what she might have told the Feds, only what she
*did* know and *might* tell.
What'shisname's gonna get it next.
LOL, you betcha!

pink

Ron Drake
2004-05-31 09:49:38 UTC
Post by pinknebulous
Suzy: I don't think Tony knew she had already flipped at all.
Clay: Huh? Then why make the phone call, why whack her? Of course, he
knew.
Yes, on second thought, he deeply suspected she'd crack. He killed her
because he wasn't privy to what Ade actually knew, he had conducted business
at her club, a drug dealer was murder at the club, and he didn't want to
risk it.
She was whacked because Christopher told Tony EVERYTHING. The key
scene was in the gas station when Chris saw the family getting into
the car. SUV vs. Squalid POS. Life on the run. Ducking hit men.
No chance at a screenwriting career. He had to decide whether or
not to go from a "man of respect" to a civilian puke squealer.

And, once he made that decision, his life depended on telling Tony
everything he knew. Christopher only JUST escaped getting a cap
busted on him for drawing down on Tony in the club a little while
ago, so it was all or nothing.

I liked Ade, too. But...

Strike One: She didn't tell anyone about being squeezed by the
FBI. They could have forgiven that and even used it if they'd
known.

Strike Two: The Murder At The Club. Again, she could have ridden
that out if she'd told Tony.

Strike Three: Trying to flip Christopher. Game over.
http://www.coffeemac.com
Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)
2004-05-31 11:23:18 UTC
Good God! You guys are nothing but pizza-and-pepperoncini-breathed
Trekies! The whole bunch of you! '-)
pinknebulous
2004-05-31 15:26:43 UTC
Post by Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)
Good God! You guys are nothing but pizza-and-pepperoncini-breathed
Trekies! The whole bunch of you! '-)
Brilliant observation! If JG insists on another pay hike, William Shatner
can replace him in the show and the subsequent movie. Then slap some pointy
ears on Tony's sidekick, Silvio, and we've got another hit on our hands (no
pun intended). ;-p

pink
"who hates star trek."
pinknebulous

risk it.
pinknebulous
2004-05-30 22:51:06 UTC
Post by Clay Heery
the pregnant stripper, and the beheading of Joey Pants. Or even blowing off the
top of the head of "the Russian" a few seasons back.
She got a couple slugs in the woods (was it because she flipped to the Feds, or
because of her acting?), and she didn't even bleed anywhere that would have to
be cleaned up.
BUT, I didn't get why Tony called Adriana to tell her Christopher tried to kill
himself.
The last Ade saw Chris, he was violent and upset, so it was the clever thing
to say to get Ade into the car with Silvio.

pink
Shlockhack
2004-05-31 16:26:29 UTC
ade and christopher could not have gone into the witness program without
providing the FBI with enough testimony to send tony away for a long time. so
christopher faced an agonizing decision. but he couldn't talk about it with
anyone. so the writers had that scene in the parking lot, looking at the poor
people, because they had to do something visual, without words. and also, of
course, lifestyle did figure into his decision.

why didn't they show adriana getting shot? because it would have been too
upsetting. she wasn't a mobster who signed up for the life and accepted the
risks. it's like the movie goodfellas -- for me, the most upsetting violence
was that boy getting shot in the foot for no good reason. that bothered me more
than mobsters getting beaten to death. btw the actor who played the boy was
michael imperioli, who plays christopher on the sopranos.

oh, the russian in the pine barrens ... didn't he get away? i thought the shot
just winged him.

Fennyman: Who is that? [Shakespeare]

Owner of the Rose Theater: Nobody. The Writer.
Buzz Elkins
2004-05-31 18:39:10 UTC
Post by Shlockhack
oh, the russian in the pine barrens ... didn't he get away? i thought the shot
just winged him.
That was my impression. I kept waiting for him to show up again. I read an
interview with David Chase right before this last season started and he
said, among other things, that the Russian commando would not be back, Furio
would not be back, and Steve Buscemi would have a prominent role. He also
said there would be no movie. Instead, he decided to do the last, short (8
episodes) season next year and wrap it up.

I also recently read an interview with the actress who plays Adriana and is
going to be on "Joey." The interviewer asked her if her character was
doomed (because she was starting this new show), and she said not
necessarily because the shooting schedules would not overlap. What else was
she gonna say?

I think they're gonna kill off all of them in the next season. Carmella
will be left standing maybe. AJ will inherit the throne and become a video
game magnate then lose the family fortune. Just kidding.
pinknebulous
2004-05-31 18:55:08 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
I think they're gonna kill off all of them in the next season. Carmella
will be left standing maybe. AJ will inherit the throne and become a video
game magnate then lose the family fortune. Just kidding.
I'd bet on Meadow as the last survivor. She'd go on to inherit the Mafia
Princess throne and then become a criminal attorney.

pink
Buzz Elkins
2004-05-31 19:15:00 UTC
That wouldn't be a bad ending at all.
pinknebulous
2004-05-31 19:22:39 UTC
Post by Buzz Elkins
Post by pinknebulous
I'd bet on Meadow as the last survivor. She'd go on to inherit the Mafia
Princess throne and then become a criminal attorney.
That wouldn't be a bad ending at all.
Thanks. ;-) She'll end up defending the "family," just like she did to her
boyfriend, Finn.

pink
"Meadow," the Soprano spin-off.
Shlockhack
2004-05-31 18:01:35 UTC
and notice how clever the writers of last week's episode were. they really
made it seem as if christopher was ready to leave the life behind. they had
tony buttonhole chris in the men's room and tell him he was f*cking up on the
bootleg cigs. that sent chris into such a rage that later, when adriana
proposed going into the witness protection program, i had some hope that he
would. i knew ade was leaving the series to co-star in a new sitcom, but i was
hoping this was the writers' fake-out -- everyone expected her to be bumped
off, having her go into the program would have fooled everyone.

pinknebulous
2004-05-31 18:28:31 UTC
Post by Shlockhack
and notice how clever the writers of last week's episode were. they really
made it seem as if christopher was ready to leave the life behind.
Disagree. Not clever but entirely predictable. Throughout the prior
seasons, Chris stated numerous times that he's going to hell for Tony, and
this season he emphazed it again, along with his role as a soldier in the
mob. Ade heard all of it, so she knew her chance of convincing Chris was
slim to none.

And, Chris has always been a psychotic killer, a man willing to befriend
then pulverize a 12-step buddy. The strangulation of Ade upon Chris hearing
about the FBI, clearly foreshadowed her death. I wasn't surprised by the
outcome at all.

If Winter wrote this, he did so by spinning a story regardless of the facts.
Kinda like many attorneys....

pink
Shlockhack
2004-05-31 21:54:16 UTC
Post by pinknebulous
The strangulation of Ade upon Chris hearing
about the FBI, clearly foreshadowed her death. I wasn't surprised by the
outcome at all.
i was expecting christopher to strangle her all the way, until she died. i
thought, this is the end of ade. then when he let up, i thought, hah, maybe
she'll be able the leave the series alive. of course, i knew it was probably
wishful thinking, but i did have some hope.

pinknebulous
2004-06-01 16:56:30 UTC
Post by Shlockhack
Post by pinknebulous
The strangulation of Ade upon Chris hearing
about the FBI, clearly foreshadowed her death. I wasn't surprised by the
outcome at all.
i was expecting christopher to strangle her all the way, until she died. i
thought, this is the end of ade.

Me, too.
Post by Shlockhack
then when he let up, i thought, hah, maybe
she'll be able the leave the series alive.
When he left her alive to go out, I knew it was the end for Ade. A little
contemplation for Chris--time expectancy 0-3 minutes--and then off to his
mentor, Uncle Tony. Tony already threatened to kill Chris once this season,
over the alleged Ade/Tony BJ incident, and Chris beat her for that,
believing the mob's exaggerated version over hers. I thought it was odd
that Tony never admonished Chris for unjustly hitting Ade. I knew Chris
would choose Tony and his life over Ade's.

For me, ultimately, predictable.
Post by Shlockhack
of course, i knew it was probably
wishful thinking, but i did have some hope.
My condolences. ;-)

pink