Movie Magic Screenwriter Technical Question
Andrea
2004-10-14 01:31:16 UTC
Suddenly, Movie Magic does not seem to be recognizing the Teaser as separate
from an Act. Because of that, what should be my "Act One", now reads "Act
Two". And instead of saying "End of Show" at the end of the script (like it
usually does), it now says "End of Act Five"! This is a new copy of Movie
Magic and I think I just need to figure out a way for the program not to
count the Teaser as Act One but as simply the Teaser. Does anyone know how
to do this? I hope that made sense to you TV writers out there who use
Movie Magic.

Thanks.

Andrea
MC
2004-10-14 01:44:37 UTC
Post by Andrea
Suddenly, Movie Magic does not seem to be recognizing the Teaser as separate
from an Act. Because of that, what should be my "Act One", now reads "Act
Two". And instead of saying "End of Show" at the end of the script (like it
usually does), it now says "End of Act Five"! This is a new copy of Movie
Magic and I think I just need to figure out a way for the program not to
count the Teaser as Act One but as simply the Teaser. Does anyone know how
to do this? I hope that made sense to you TV writers out there who use
Movie Magic.
I don't like the way Screenwriter hndles Act Information, because it
tends not to make the transition to other apps via RTF.

So what I do is to enter the same information manually, and using the
Title (Centered) element instead of the Act Information element.
--
I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi
citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein.

KILL TROLLS: http://www.schmuckwithanunderwood.com/trolls.htm